Southbroom Ratepayers Association is a voluntary organisation representing the interests of the ratepayers in Southbroom. Here is a snipit of the day to day items that they assist each paying ratepayer with….
- Liaise with municipalities on service issues.
- Monitor bulk water supplies and assist UGU with repairs.
- Monitor the sewerage plant and analysis of water samples for contaminants.
- Appoint a contractor to carry out supplementary pothole repairs.
- Monitor Building and Planning and submit objections where applicable.
- Clean and maintain main beach tidal pool.
- Maintain and upgrade beach ablution facilities.
- Maintain the Library building and fund library.
- Maintain road and directional signs to ensure conformity.
- Monitor illegal signage.
- Paint of kerbs and road markings.
- Maintain and upkeep 20 public gardens.
- Maintain the Southbroom website.
- Produce bi-monthly newsletters to residents and subscribers.
- Employ and manage staff to keep the village clear of litter.
- Work together with CPF and contribute to security cameras to reduce crime.
- Work together with Southbroom Conservancy to protect the environment.
ARE YOU A MEMBER? MEMBERSHIP IS ONLY R450 PER ANNUM & it goes a long way in assisting to keep our village beautiful.
For more information check out the website www.southbroom.org for more information and recent issues of the Newsletter which provide more details of what the SRA has achieved.